Successful candidates will have achieved (or expect to achieve), a 2:2 Honours Degree or higher in either law or a business discipline or similar. French, German or Italian language skills are also useful, but not essential.
Some work experience would be valuable, but not vital. We would expect to see graduates with the ability to work in a team, or individually, but always with initiative and enthusiasm. You should have the ability to develop strong working relationships with your colleagues and customers, and you will have a business focus, with the drive and determination to succeed.
We would expect to see graduates who are business focused taking a meticulous, determined and results driven approach to their work.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have the ability to:
• Communicate to customers and internal teams.
• Deliver on your promises.
• Grasp complex information from a variety of sources quickly, and to determine the most commercially advantageous way forward.
• Work in integrated multi-disciplined project teams, and as part of your graduate placement, develop extensive knowledge and hands-on experience.
• Understand bid management, estimates and pricing.
• Be commercially minded with an understanding of financial management, negotiating and influencing.
You can expect hands-on experience in a variety of challenging finance roles:
• Business Strategy – being part of a team who strive to maximise the identified business opportunities
• Business Winning – being a key player within the winning of new work and maintaining the viability of MBDA
• Contract Delivery – playing a vital role within the delivery chain to ensure MBDA meet all its promises to the customer
• Customer Meetings – attending regular review meetings with the customer and your team to provide updates on your projects
It's a challenging environment but the various elements included in your programme will help you to succeed.
• Prior to joining you will be allocated a 'buddy' who will provide you with informal advice and guidance.
• On commencing employment you will attend a comprehensive 3-day induction event that explains the full scope of what we do, and allows you the opportunity to interact with your fellow new-starters.
• Throughout the duration of your programme you will be offered a trained Mentor who will offer support and provide information about MBDA, helping you build your skills and plan your career development for the future.
• Together with significant on-the-job training you will also undertake a range of personal development activities promoting teamwork, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
• We offer competitive salaries with regular reviews, a pension scheme, a private health scheme, and flexible ways of working
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.
Please note, a maximum of two applications will be considered per candidate.