As a graduate or undergraduate engineer within the department you may be required to:
- Carry out conceptual studies for future air vehicles and aerodynamic and stealth development for MBDA projects, including specification and conduct of wind tunnel test programmes, and safety trace analysis.
- Undertake studies of missile separation from aircraft, ships and other launch vehicles.
- Conduct assessment of suitable propulsion subsystems and provide expertise on their integration into the airframe.
- Conduct lethality performance assessment against all types of targets.
- Undertake assessment of relevant warhead and fusing techniques and their applicability to the weapon system.
Qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in a technical discipline, e.g. Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
Training in the use of tools (generally including combinations of Fortran, C, modelling tools such as Matlab, together with MS Office) will be provided as necessary, but previous experience would be advantageous.
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.