Graduate engineers will be working towards the development and testing of some of the world’s most advanced future defence systems within the Environmental Engineering laboratories, specialising in:
- Simulation of combined environments for design aid and conformance testing of products in compliance with shock, vibration, climatic and structural mechanical standards and requirements.
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of simulation techniques (including data acquisition, signal processing and analysis tools) as well as climatic, shock and vibration, and structural mechanical and fatigue testing.
- Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational environments (including field trials and flight data analysis) in support of the requirements specification development.
- Providing expertise in writing environmental requirement specifications (ERSs), including proving plans.
- Proving requirements in support of product development.
Structured training will include work placements in a variety of disciplines such as:
- Structural Analysis
- Materials & Processes
Training in the use of tools (such as LMS data acquisition, signal processing and analysis tools, vibration control, Nastran, Patran and MS Office) will be provided as necessary, but previous experience would be advantageous.
Graduates are assigned a mentor who is a Chartered Engineer and the training scheme is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, allowing graduates to follow the Monitored Professional Development Scheme route to membership.
Qualified to MEng degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline.
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.