Undergraduates will be able to gain experience
in one or more of three functional teams:
- The Concepts Team identifies and defines potential future weapon system concepts, based on anticipated customer requirements and promising future technologies
- The Operational Analysis Group is concerned with quantitative and qualitative assessment of weapons system options in warfighting scenarios, developing the tactics for future weapons and generating evidence to support high level decision making.
- The Battle Modelling Group develops and uses a suite of mathematical modelling and simulation tools, including an air combat flight simulator
Potential tasks will generally require attention to detail as well as some ‘big picture’ thinking and could include:
- Gathering information, setting up and running models and analysing the output
- Development of software or spreadsheet based modelling tools
- Self-managed research on a specified topic
- Participation in a wide range of analytical studies
Enjoy a challenge
As an enthusiastic problem-solver who likes variety and enjoys a challenge, you can expect to contribute to a number of projects during the placement.
Suitable degrees: Maths, Physics, Systems Engineering, Aerosystems Engineering or Similar
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.