As a graduate or undergraduate engineer within the group you may be required to:
- Gain and apply an understanding of warheads, explosives, fusing and lethality assessment to produce designs and conduct performance studies on all types of MBDA weapon systems.
- Investigate target detection devices (fuses), fusing algorithms and warhead and missile dynamics to assess the effects of the lethal mechanisms and optimise weapon lethality.
- Conduct concept and detailed design, modelling trade-off studies, predict and demonstrate performance, develop warhead and fusing requirements and support integration into the weapon.
- Utilise and develop tools (including graphics) to aid the design processes, performance predictions and analysis of results.
- Support packages of work, within the company or by partner organisations, including modelling, explosive and non-explosive trials and product manufacture.
- Derive and define warhead trials plans, support trials at ranges, and analyse results to demonstrate functionality, qualification, safety, and suitability for service use.
- Produce reports, specifications, and plans to document studies in research, design, development, qualification, production and in-service support, programmes.
Training in the use of modelling tools such as ProEngineer, Autodyn, Matlab, Visual Basic, in-house tools, and MS Office will be provided but previous experience would be advantageous.
Qualified to degree level (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or Systems Engineering, Physics or Maths. Applicants with relevant post-graduate qualifications are also encouraged.
Training in the use of tools (including modelling tools such as Matlab, Visual Basic, in-house methods, together with MS Office) will be provided as necessary.
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.