A seeker is a missile sub-unit that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division has responsibility for the design of all missile sub-systems that involve radar frequency (RF) components including RF seekers, dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic), RF data links and RF fuses.
Your work in RF Seekers offers you the opportunities of:
- Working in a breadth of disciplines
- Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems
- Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept through design and development to production and in-service support
- Working closely with other functions in MBDA
- Working in well-equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements
- Working with a world class team
As a graduate or undergraduate engineer you will have the chance to gain experience in the following areas:
- Radar, dual-mode and multi-mode system concept and design studies
- Modelling and simulation of seeker, target and environment for performance modelling, model validation and software auto-coding
- High-frequency microwave circuit design
- Microwave and millimetre wave component design and RF antenna design, manufacture and test
- Sub-system integration and testing including hardware in the loop testing
- System integration and testing at our trials range near Bedford
- Trials planning, support, conducting trials and data analysis for off-site trials
- Task and project management
We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
Any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree. Graduates will be supported in working towards Chartership if you wish.
How to apply
The following search criteria allows you to find what opportunities are available based on your particular degree and desired programme. You can search our vacancies by selecting your degree subject and development programme of interest below. Please note you can only select one degree subject and one programme, so please choose the options most relevant to you.
Select the vacancy that is most suitable for your background and interest.