Interview Top Tips
Tuesday 8 August 2023
Great news - you’ve been offered an interview. So, what should you do now?
It’s normal to feel nervous ahead of an interview, but we’re on hand to help you prepare and perform your best.
An interview is a two-way process. Be curious and ask questions! Your interviewer will be happy to answer any questions you have about the role or life at MBDA.
Here are our top tips for a successful interview at MBDA:
Research! During the interview you’ll be asked what you know about our company. We don’t expect you to know everything, but it’s important that we see you’ve invested time in getting to know what we do and why we do it. We want to know what motivates you to join us.
It is important to us that you feel comfortable during your interview and we will support adjustments where possible. Please let us know what would help.
Our corporate values are incredibly important to us – they are at the core of what we do. Take your time to understand them, what they mean to you, and any examples that demonstrate how you have previously upheld these values. They can be found here https://www.mbdacareers.co.uk/life-mbda/about
Remind yourself of the details of the role you have applied for.
· What can you bring to the role and the team?
· Why is this role of interest to you?
· Why is this role a good fit for you and your experience?
· What are your strengths and development areas?
· What are you passionate about?
Be prepared to talk about your previous experience (professional and extra-curricular) and any relevant qualifications.
Our interviews are conducted by a combination of department/functional managers and possibly one of the recruitment team. Your interview confirmation email will let you know who you will meet.
Our interviews are a mix of role-specific and scenario-based questions. We want to get to know you, how you work, and what you value.
Scenario-based questions could include:
· When have you had to work in ambiguity?
· Describe a situation where you had to overcome a challenge.
· Tell us about a piece of work you enjoyed.
· How have you approached building an effective team?
· What is your proudest achievement to date?
· Can you describe a situation where you had to take the lead to achieve an outcome?
If your interview is virtual:
- We would recommend that you use a personal device.
- Download the right browser (Chrome, Edge or Safari if using an Apple device)
- Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Test your camera and audio to check they are working prior to the interview. It is always good to be able to see who you are speaking to!
- Be in a comfortable place where there will be minimal interruptions for the duration of your interview – make sure you have a cup of tea or glass of water.
If your interview is via Collabroom and you are experiencing severe connection issues, please contact the resourcing team and they will be happy to assist. Their contact details will be on your interview confirmation.
If your interview is on site:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign in with your ID. We will collect you from reception.
- Our office dress code tends to be smart-casual.
We aim to provide feedback within 2 weeks following your interview. If you have not heard back after that, please feel free to contact the resourcing team for an update.
Most importantly, be open and honest - remember one of our core values is integrity. We’re not expecting you to have all the answers!
And finally, good luck! We're looking forward to meeting you!