MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – c. 2-3 days on site expected once induction is complete.
MBDA are looking for a Finance Business Partner (Project Accountant) to apply financial control to specific contracts within programmes finance, taking responsibility for all financial aspects. This role is an integral part of the Programmes Team providing Finance and Project Management with effective, timely and accurate financial information whilst acting as a key business partner to the wider project team.
This role will allow you to demonstrate your ability to proactively and independently manage all aspects of project financial management and allow you to gain experience of working in a world leading multi-national company.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Ability to build strong and productive working relationships within multi discipline and multi-national project and Finance teams, whilst maintaining independence and integrity.
- Experience of long term contract Financial management
- Knowledge and experience of Finance IT tools
- MS Excel (required), SAP R/3, SAP BW (desirable)
What's in it for you?
- This is a great opportunity to get exposure to a large multi-national business and the unique experiences it brings. These include working with different national cultures, involvement in strategic decision making and diverse stakeholder management.
- You will be encouraged to learn and lead on key financial aspects of international business, such as management of Inter Company Trading, Forex management, reporting under IFRS and much more.
- Exciting opportunity to add value in a challenging and constantly evolving area of the business.
- Longer term there is the chance to move around the wider finance function into a variety of roles including treasury, accounting, cost base and new business winning.
- Help deliver and control KPI's for responsible contracts. Report actual and forecast achievement against its financial targets, including risks and opportunities.
- Support and management to the preparation of multi-year business plan and annual budget for your contracts.
- Ensure that relevant project staff are clear of their financial objectives.
- Financial management of long-term contracts including: bi-annual Estimate at Completion preparation, revenue & margin trading, intercompany trading, cash and FX management, customer reporting/interfacing.
Join a great team!
The MBDA Programmes Finance Community is a well-integrated network always looking to collaborate and learn from each other's experiences. The community itself is dynamic, forward thinking and hard-working whilst always making sure there is time to build relationships within, and outside the immediate teams.
Additionally, this role offers the opportunity to work closely with all non-Finance members of the project management teams and, after an initial period of focussed support, the role allows the successful candidate to work independently.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.