MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen to work within the dynamic multi-disciplinary Missile Actuators Centre of Excellence, developing and delivering actuation systems into each MBDA Nation.
These systems critical products can range from the simple to the highly complex and include the following:
- Fin actuation systems
- Gimbals systems
- Reaction control systems, for example thrust vector control (TVC) systems, Divert Attitude and Control Systems (DACS)
- Control surface deployment mechanisms
The successful candidate will be accountable, as Equipment Design Authority, for leading a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a Control Actuation System (CAS) into UK and non-UK programmes. The role has responsibility across the MBDA Product Life Cycle (PLC) for delivery on cost, time and quality.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience across all aspects of a single engineering area/domain and an appreciation of other areas.
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
- Commercial and financial awareness; able to manage budgets.
- Experience of system qualification and certification.
- Excellent communication skills required to foster positive working relationships throughout the wider organisation.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- French/Italian language skills are an advantage.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.